PC-DMIS 2022.2 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- For HP-L systems and systems that use RS-SQUARED sensors that run PC-DMIS in DCC mode, you need to use a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Computer with up to 4 Cores. You can find a list of supported operating systems for most versions of PC-DMIS here:
- When you use third-party drivers, you should contact your local Manufacturing Intelligence representative to ensure operating system compatibility.
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 64-bit Windows 8. The Matrox Frame grabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the number of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an “Out of Memory” error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
1 GB of video RAM
64 GB of RAM Dual-Channel @1063 MHz DDR4-2666 MHz ECC RDIMM memory (for HP-L systems and systems using RS-SQUARED sensors)
- 2 GHz or higher quad core processor
- Intel Xeon W-2223 Processor (3.6GHz, 3.9GHz) for HP-L systems
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1505M (3.00 GHz) for systems using RS-SQUARED sensors
- Intel Core i7 9th Generation or higher (for example, i7-9xxxHx) 6 Cores hyper-threading enabled (for HP-L systems and systems using RS-SQUARED sensors)
Compatible with any popular graphics card that meets or exceeds the following suggested minimums:
- GPU Memory 2 GB DDR3*
- 6 GB Memory Bandwidth 29.0 GB/s (for HP-L systems)
- Memory Bandwidth 29.0 GB/s
- CUDA Cores 384
- Open GL 3.0
- NVIDIA Quadro P5000 (4 GB) (for HP-L systems and systems using RS-SQUARED sensors)
- AC or AX type Wi-Fi card for systems using RS-SQUARED sensors
* For an RS4 laser sensor or later model, you need to have a GPU with at least 4 GB DDR3.
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS start-up if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than three years old.
2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used.
SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive).
128 SSD, 128 SSD RAID, 1 TB HDD
Screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher
- One Serial port
- Three Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- A properly configured LMS license or a HASP key (a physical USB portlock)
- LAN port with Intel Chipset (for example, I219) (for HP-L systems)
Note: A HASP key does not act as general purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon used the Sophos anti-virus tool to test PC-DMIS 2022.2. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs using RS-232 communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2022.2 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports