That’s right, NASCAR Driver Danica Patrick, Playboy’s Miss October 2012 & Professional Gamer Pamela Horton along with Exact Metrology’s own Artec Eva—a portable 3D Scanner—will all be at the upcoming SEMA SHOW in Las Vegas.
There will be plenty of other gorgeous celebrities on hand but none will be able to give a quick, textured and accurate scan like our Artec Eva!
The SEMA Show is billed as the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. That’s why Exact Metrology will be demonstrating both the Artec Eva and Artec Spider—specialty products in the 3D Scanning Industry which can be used by Automotive Enthusiasts for:
- Reverse Engineering
- Quality Control
In fact, 3D Scanners are used on a wide range of measuring and modeling projects in the Automotive Industry encompassing:
- Component Design
- Parts Inspection
Just a couple of years ago Exact Metrology helped a classic car collector restore the bumper on a rare (only 7 total were manufactured) 1951 Bentley—the MKVI H.J. Mulliner Lightweight “Saloon Coupe”, to be more exact. We used an NDI ScanTRAK on this restoration.
In the past six months here are just some of the Quote Requests we have had pertaining to Automotive Projects:
1) To scan a custom car so that the body panels the owner fabricated could be reproduced and improved
2) Rental to help in creating accurate models which would be used to develop automotive aftermarket products
3) Scanning Automotive Console Hinges
4) Scanning a Rubber Shift Boot which is no longer produced for a car
5) To reproduce a Convertible Top Bow for a Vintage Porsche
6) Used Purchase of a system for scanning the front of vehicles in order to build truck grille inserts
7) To help build a 3D Model of a Vehicle Chassis
8) Scanning two Chevy Emblems and Grille to determine accuracy of snap features to math data
9) Scanning in order to manufacture small interior pieces for older Land Rover vehicles
10) Scanning a cast aluminum automotive air intake to reverse engineer in SolidWorks
At Exact Metrology we can do handle the scanning services for you, or we can sell you the proper new or used equipment to fit your application requirements. We just happen to have both a used Artec Eva and used Artec Spider for sale currently.
Watch a really cool video of an Artec Eva
in action scanning an entire VW Bus