PC-DMIS Portable brings powerful metrology tools to the shop floor. Portable measurement devices have changed the way manufacturers monitor their operations. It’s now possible to take more measurements and do more sophisticated analysis of the results right where parts are made and assembled. It gives users powerful tools for more effectively monitoring their operations and identifying minor issues before they turn into costly problems. However, these gains do not come automatically. As is the case with most sophisticated metrology equipment, one needs to employ the proper software to reap the full benefits.
PC-DMIS Portable is a precise adaptation of PC-DMIS. It strips away unneeded functionality without compromising capabilities. It exploits fully the core capabilities of PC-DMIS. Its Quick Start GUI makes it easy for non-CMM experts to get the most from their portable CMMs without getting bogged down in detail.
PC-DMIS Portable makes it easy to measure complex, contoured parts. With its roots in the automotive and aerospace industries, PC-DMIS Portable offers a suite of algorithms for aligning complex parts using best-fit and iterative techniques. Its CAD++ option includes an unmatched library of sheetmetal measurement routines.
PC-DMIS Portable supports a wide range of scanning techniques and devices. It allows for both predefined and free form scans and it supports all sorts of scanning devices ranging from simple hard probes through sophisticated laser scanners.
PC-DMIS Portable lets you measure in any order. This powerful feature lets operators measure features in the order most convenient to them without having to worry about the order of the part program. This eliminates unnecessary movement and wasted efforts. The software keeps track of what has been measured and what hasn’t and it only evaluates features and dimensions when all of the information is available.
PC-DMIS Portable features include:
- Quick Start GUI – Operators can make full use of frequently used capabilities without being overwhelmed with detail. When they are needed, PC-DMIS’s full capabilities are only a couple of mouse clicks away.
- Any-Order Measure™ – Lets operators probe parts in the most convenient and efficient order without having to follow the steps of an inspection routine. The software keeps track of what is measured and only evaluates dimensions when all of the necessary information is available.
- Aligning contoured parts – PC-DMIS Portable quickly aligns even the most complex parts. An optional CAD++ configuration includes a range of algorithms for best fit and iterative alignments.
- Sheet metal measurements – PC-DMIS Portable offers an optional library of sheet metal measurement routines. During probing, the software automatically switches between using the probe tip and shank measurement as necessary.
- Free interactive portable tutorials – PC-DMIS Portable includes a complete, interactive tutorial to reinforce concepts learned during software training.
- Compatibility with numerous file types and CAD systems – PC-DMIS has translators for nearly any CAD format. Also available are optional direct CAD interfaces, so that files do not need to be translated for use in PC-DMIS. This reduces programming time and improves accuracy.
- Customizable reporting tools – Interface with commonly used standards such as Microsoft Excel, PDF and RTF files.