ROMER Tube Inspection System (TIS)
Tube bending applications are unique compared to other areas of the manufacturing world. Instead of merely verifying whether parts meet specification, a system needs to provide the ability to adjust bending processes and achieve maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
ROMER Absolute Arm portable coordinate measurement machines (CMMs), combined with Tube Inspection System (TIS) accessories, deliver flexible solutions for a wide array of tube and wire bending applications.
The system includes non-contact, infrared probes which are able to inspect even the most fragile materials without the risk of damage. It also features intuitive laser light probe guidance to aid the operator in clearly seeing where points are taken. With the ability to communicate directly with CNC tube benders via DOCS software, the ROMER Tube Inspection System can generate tube design, inspect, adjust bend corrections, reverse engineer and certify fixtures. It is the perfect addition to any tube and wire bending shop environment.
- Eliminate waste and guesswork from tube bending. Measure the first tube from a bender and then automatically calculate bend corrections required for subsequent tubes. This dramatically reduces startup scrap and significantly reduces the time for production.
- Communicate bend correction values directly to a CNC bending system reducing time and eliminating operator data entry errors.
- There’s no faster or more accurate way to reverse engineer a tube. Measure a prototype tube, send the design to the bender, automatically compute the bend corrections and the next tube is identical to the prototype.
- Generate tube design quickly and easily by recording the intersection points along the tube route to generate a final tube specification to send to a bender. This can be done even if the tube is fixed in a routed position.
- Inspect thin, flexible tube and wire shapes without touching them for the most accurate results obtainable.
- Effectively calculate end-to-end or cut length of a tube based on the tube’s geometry.
- Certify hard checking fixtures quickly and easily without the expense or lost production time sending fixtures out for verification.