Breuckmann bodySCAN White Light Scanner
Digitizing of the Human Body
The bodySCAN white light scanner from Breuckmann is the result of consistently enhancing our in-vivo metrology series. Based on our long-term experience with skin and face measurements, this system has been developed for the white light digitization of full human bodies.
The standard method is capable of capturing a 3D image of high accuracy and quality in only 4.5 seconds. An extra modus featuring a reduced acquisition time of less than 2.5 seconds per shot is available for analytical studies of any body postures.
The bodySCAN system consists of four measuring columns, each equipped with a projector and two digital cameras. The cameras have a resolution of 656 x 490 pixels. Optionally, high resolution cameras with a resolution of 1384 x 1036 pixels may be implemented.
The eight datasets captured within each scan, are processed and merged by the powerful OPTOCAT software.
- Computer animation and computer games
- Gifts and souvenirs, such as sculptures or sub-surface engravings
- Medical technology and prosthetics
- Individually fitted seats, e. g. for the automotive and aircraft industries
- Tailor-made clothing for extreme sports
- Digitizing within 2.5 or 4.5 seconds
- High resolution due to eight individual scans
- Easy to use
- Automatic merging of datasets, facilitated by the fine-alignment functionality of the OPTOCAT software
- Automatic computation of triangle meshes
- Data export to standard formats (ASCII, BRE, STL, PLY)