ROMER Tube Inspection
Tube bending applications are unique compared to other areas of the manufacturing world. Instead of merely verifying whether parts meet specification, a system needs to provide the ability to adjust bending processes and achieve maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
ROMER Absolute Arm portable coordinate measurement machines (CMMs), combined with Tube Inspection System (TIS) accessories, deliver flexible solutions for a wide array of tube and wire bending applications.
The system includes non-contact, infrared probes which are able to inspect even the most fragile materials without the risk of damage. It also features intuitive laser light probe guidance to aid the operator in clearly seeing where points are taken. With the ability to communicate directly with CNC tube benders via DOCS software, the ROMER Tube Inspection System can generate tube design, inspect, adjust bend corrections, reverse engineer and certify fixtures. It is the perfect addition to any tube and wire bending shop environment.
- Eliminate waste and guesswork from tube bending. Measure the first tube from a bender and then automatically calculate bend corrections required for subsequent tubes. This dramatically reduces startup scrap and significantly reduces the time for production.
- Communicate bend correction values directly to a CNC bending system reducing time and eliminating operator data entry errors.
- There’s no faster or more accurate way to reverse engineer a tube. Measure a prototype tube, send the design to the bender, automatically compute the bend corrections and the next tube is identical to the prototype.
- Generate tube design quickly and easily by recording the intersection points along the tube route to generate a final tube specification to send to a bender. This can be done even if the tube is fixed in a routed position.
- Inspect thin, flexible tube and wire shapes without touching them for the most accurate results obtainable.
- Effectively calculate end-to-end or cut length of a tube based on the tube’s geometry.
- Certify hard checking fixtures quickly and easily without the expense or lost production time sending fixtures out for verification.
- Improved probe design allows non-contact measurement of the tube's surface.
- Kinematic Probe Joint, the same type used in Hexagon Metrology bridge CMMs, provides repeatable connection of probes, with no need for recalibration. Automatic probe recognition allows you to change between tube probes and ball probes with no re-calibration in between.
- Compact Head has an ergonomically designed wrist that was modeled after the complex contours of the human hand. Buttons on the wrist are used to inspect parts or to interact with the software when in "mouse mode". An integrated work light and digital camera graphically document setups.
- Patented SpinGrips are infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions for better user ergonomics. SpinGrips allow the arm to "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm thus maximizing accuracy and repeatability while minimizing user fatigue.
- Absolute Encoders improve overall accuracy and eliminate all complicated "homing" procedures.
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes provide a lightweight, stiff structure that is thermally stable.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy, operation with effortless control, even above and below the arm's centerline. Better ergonomics means lower operator fatigue and better measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point under counterbalance allow for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities such as WiFi connection, battery power, and more.
- Universal thread mount base attaches to a variety of available base and stand options including magnetic bases.
- Patented Infinite Rotation in the principle axes allows access to difficult to reach areas, while avoiding damaging the arm against rotational hard stops.