Absolute Arm - 7 Axis SE
The Romer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SE" series is the ultimate modular scanning solution. Its redesigned ergonomic handle is easily converted from an external scanner to an integrated version. Sensory feedback makes it ideal for harsh shop floor conditions while its low-weight, high accuracy features are perfect for reverse-engineering applications.
The Absolute Arm seven axis "SE" series allows the connection of interchangeable high performance external laser scanners such as the highly accurate CMS108. Removing the scanner allows the system to function as a 7 axis "pistol grip" tactile inspection system. The ROMER feature pack capability of the SE series arm means that an external laser scanner can easily be added, changed, or upgraded at any time, for greater convenience plus future proofing.
- Patented Infinite Rotation in the principle axes allows access to difficult to reach areas, while avoiding damaging the arm against rotational hard stops.
- Kinematic Probe Joint, the same type used in Hexagon Metrology bridge CMMs, provides repeatable connection of probes, with no need for recalibration. Automatic probe recognition allows you to store hundreds of calibrated probe profiles for instant recall.
- Redesigned, ergonomic Pistol Grip handle increases operator comfort and productivity. It is easy to hold, and is used to inspect parts or to interact with the software when in "mouse mode". Haptic feedback vibrates the wrist to alert the operator in noisy shop floor environments.
- Patented SpinGrips are infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions for better user ergonomics. SpinGrips allow the arm to "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm thus maximizing accuracy and repeatability while minimizing user fatigue.
- Absolute Encoders, super high-accuracy rotary encoders, designed specifically for Romer Absolute Arms, improve overall system accuracy while eliminating all complicated "homing" procedures.
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes provide a lightweight, stiff structure that is thermally stable. Under normal usage the carbon fiber tubes have a lifetime warranty.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy, operation with effortless control, even above and below the arm's centerline. Better ergonomics means lower operator fatigue and better measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point under counterbalance allow for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities such as WiFi connection, battery power, interface for laser scanners and more.
- Universal quick mounting base attaches to a variety of available base and stand options including magnetic bases.
- Calibrated Length Standard – ROMER provides a NIST traceable calibrated length standard with each arm to allow the operator to easily verify and document system performance for ISO or vendor requirements.