ROMER Absolute Arm 6 Axis
The ROMER Absolute Arm, a portable CMM, is the lightest, most accurate, most flexible ROMER arm ever--drawing inspiration and resources from the entire Hexagon Metrology product family and the impressive lineup of previous ROMER articulating arms.
Re-designed to to ensure the ultimate user experience, it delivers inspection accuracy in its most mobile form. Sensory feeback enables users to take measurements in even the most challenging shop environments.
The Romer Absolute Arm is still the easiest and fastest to use in the industry featuring Intelligent Quick Change Probes that require no special tools or recalibration post probe changes.
A first in the world of portable measuring arms: The ROMER Absolute Arm features proprietary absolute encoders in its primary axes, so the arm always “knows” the position of its joints. The result is the first portable measuring arm which does not require any kind of homing procedure before starting measurement. Just turn it on and you're ready to measure.
Lighter, Stiffer, More Accurate
From the carbon fiber tubes to the simplified dual yoke joint housings, the Absolute Arm was designed to be the lightest, yet stiffest ROMER arm ever built. At just 7.5 kg the base 2.5 meter arm is lighter than similar 2.4 meter arms. Combined with the improved accuracy from the absolute encoders, it’s also the most accurate ROMER arm to date.
Realize the full potential of a portable measuring arm with the all new ROMER Feature Pack. Utilizing a common docking connector to the base of the arm, feature packs allow you to add, remove, or change features on an arm as required.
Feature Pack Options for 6-Axis Absolute Arms
- Mobility Pack: A rechargeable battery and WiFi transmitter allows completely wireless use of the Absolute Arm.
- “No Pack” Option: The Absolute Arm is completely functional without a feature pack, using a 110/220v power connection.
- Patented Infinite Rotation in the principle axes allows access to difficult to reach areas, while avoiding damaging the arm against rotational hard stops.
- Kinematic Probe Joint, the same type used in Hexagon Metrology bridge CMMs, provides repeatable connection of probes, with no need for recalibration. Automatic probe recognition allows you to store hundreds of calibrated probe profiles for instant recall.
- The ergonomically designed wrist was modeled after the complex contours of the human hand. Buttons on the wrist are used to inspect parts or to interact with the software when in "mouse mode".An integrated work light and digital camera graphically document setups.
- Patented SpinGrips are infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions for better user ergonomics. SpinGrips allow the arm to "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm thus maximizing accuracy and repeatability while minimizing user fatigue.
- Absolute Encoders improve overall accuracy and eliminate all complicated "homing" procedures.
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes provide a lightweight, stiff structure that is thermally stable.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy, operation with effortless control, even above and below the arm's centerline. Better ergonomics means lower operator fatigue and better measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point under counterbalance allow for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities such as WiFi connection, battery power, and more.
- Universal thread mount base attaches to a variety of available base and stand options including magnetic bases.