ROMER Absolute Arm
Portable CMM Measuring Arms
Portable measuring arms allow you measure on the machine or shop floor. They feature no homing procedures, simplicity of operation and reliable 3D measurements. Articulated arms can be equipped with different length probes and scan heads to measure even difficult-to-access points either optically or by touch.
The ROMER Absolute Arm product range is built on four core models, each designed to meet the demands of customers across a wide array of industries and applications.
The choice for versatile portable probe measurement.
The choice for ultra-high accuracy probing of smaller items.
The choice for all-purpose integrated probing and scanning.
The choice for the most challenging laser scanning applications.
Meeting the Demands of Measurement
Each ROMER Absolute Arm model is available at different accuracy levels to ensure the right configuration is available for any measurement application.
- The 73 Series is the perfect solution for users looking for entry-level measurement accuracy.
- For applications that demand greater precision, the 75 Series strikes the perfect balance between value and accurate measurement.
- Designed as the ultimate solution for portable high-end measurement, the 77 Series is the most accurate ROMER Absolute Arm ever developed.
Defining Absolute Accuracy
Central to Excellent Measurement
Several comprehensive tests are used to define the accuracy of every ROMER Absolute Arm model, each designed to ensure users can be absolutely certain of the accuracy level their portable measuring arm provides.
- Point Repeatability Test
- Volumetric Accuracy Test
- Scanning System Accuracy Test
Every ROMER Absolute Arm is built on a foundation of advanced technology and innovation that sets a new standard for what’s possible when it comes to portable measurement.
- Available in seven sizes providing measurement volumes between 1.2 and 4.5 metres.
- Probing accuracy as fine as only 20 microns and scanning accuracy to within 50 microns.
- High-tech carbon-fibre construction ensures strength and thermal stability under any environmental condition.
- Proprietary RDS software featuring SMART – Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology – provides diagnostics monitoring, including shocks and temperature.
- Probing and scanning accuracy certified to B89.4.22 standard, with alternative certifications for probing functions according to VDI/VDE 2617-9 and ISO 10360-2 standards also available.
- Easily interchangeable Feature Packs allow for WiFi connection to a standard laptop or desktop PC, as well as laser scanning over WiFi and full battery-powered operation.
- Access to simple measurements and diagnostics on WiFi enabled arms through a mobile device with the RDS Mobile app.
- Fully compatible with all major portable metrology software packages.
- Further enhance arm functionality with a range of accessories, from probing attachments to measurement volume expansion systems.
- High-speed laser scanning accessories make total analysis of parts simpler and more accessible – choose a scanner according to required accuracy and level of 3D point cloud definition.
- Light and agile operation facilitated by a highly optimised design echoing the uneven arm ratio typical of industrial robot design.
- Sophisticated counterbalance system eliminates torque at the base of the arm, allowing for effortless movement, better accuracy and a wider range of mounting options.
- Ergonomically designed wrist and control buttons allow for complete one-handed operation.
- Rotating low-friction handling grips minimise user fatigue and maximise accuracy as well as ensuring thermal stability.
- Absolute Encoders within articulation joints eliminate referencing and warm-up times.
- No touch-probe or laser scanner calibrations required in the field.
- Haptic, visual and acoustic feedback allows for easy user interaction in even the harshest industrial environments.
- Added WiFi connectivity reduces hazards by removing inconvenient cabling.
- SmartLock allows the arm to be fixed in a convenient position during measurement, as well as allowing it to be safely locked into the rest position while not in use.